War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
- Providers: Learn About the Airborne Hazards & Open Burn Pit Registry
- Camp Lejeune Disability Compensation: VA has established a presumptive service connection for Veterans, Reservists, and National Guard members
- VA’s rule establishes presumption of service connection for diseases associated with exposure to contaminants in water supply at Camp Lejeune
- Were you at Camp Lejeune 1953-1987? You may be eligible for VA health care *
- Public Health's section on Exposures *
- Public Health's Directory of Environmental Health Coordinators *
Veterans who have served in combat often have questions as to whether they may have been exposed to substances that might negatively impact their health.
This web page provides a list of potential deployment exposures linked to brief descriptions and signs and symptoms of an exposure. Additional information can be located through the VA Public Health webpage on exposures.
If you are experiencing symptoms that you believe are related to a deployment exposure, it is important that you speak to your health care provider about treatment and management strategies in order to optimize your health and maintain a good quality of life. A VA Environmental Health Coordinator can also assist you.