War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Environmental Exposure Assessments
When a Veteran is referred to the WRIISC and receives an E-Consult, our team may determine the Veteran would benefit from an environmental exposure assessment to inform the ongoing care at his or her home VA.
What Can I Expect?
- Assessment of relevant environmental exposures
- Education on the latest research findings about health effects linked to environmental exposures
Who is Eligible?
- All combat Veterans
- Veterans who participated in military Atmospheric Nuclear Weapons Tests
- Veterans who participated in Project 112 or SHAD (Shipboard Hazard and Defense)
What Should I Have Ready To Provide?
- Please have all non-VA medical records ready, including those from active duty.
- Any correspondence that documents your military environmental exposure.
Who Can I Contact For More Information?
- Please call or email the WRIISC serving your area.