War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Our Clinical Services
OUR GOAL: Benefit Veterans through the best-matched clinical service that supports VA clinicians in providing high-quality healthcare.
We study deployment-related health conditions and publish our findings. We also have ongoing recruitment for several studies.
Our Education Services
We are a resource for information on deployment-related exposures and health conditions.
About the WRIISCThe War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC) is a national program dedicated to Veterans’ post-deployment health concerns and unique health care needs. We develop and provide post-deployment health expertise to Veterans and their health care providers through clinical care, research, education, and risk communication. As a tertiary care center, we partner with referring providers and their health care teams to support the care of Veterans. The WRIISC is part of VA’s Post Deployment Health Services, a VA Delivered Foundational Service. This means our work is fundamental to VA’s mission and is rarely found outside of VA.
News and Announcements
Telehealth for Veterans
- Weekly Phone-Based Yoga Nidra Class for Veterans
- Phone-Based Mindfulness Meditation Class for Veterans
- NEW! Military and Veteran Specific On-Demand Training Now Available on Deployment Related Exposures!
- SAVE THE DATES for our 2018 WRIISC-PDHS Webinar Series!
- Read our latest edition of the WRIISC Advantage Newsletter
- Read our fact sheet on "Gulf War Illness: Information for Veterans"
- Read our fact sheet on "Gulf War Illness: A Guide for Veteran Health Care Providers"
- ATTENTION VETERANS: Learn how to participate in VHA Environmental Health Registry Evaluations today! Click here for more information on available registries or help determining eligibility.
- New page on PFAS (perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances)
- National Academies' reports on burn pits
- Read about our latest Camp Lejeune info
- Airborne Hazards: Information for Veterans and providers
- VA acknowledges Agent Orange exposure for specific C-123 Airplane contact
*Link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.