War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Our Clinical Services
OUR GOAL: Benefit Veterans through the best-matched clinical service that supports VA clinicians in providing high-quality healthcare.
We study deployment-related health conditions and publish our findings. We also have ongoing recruitment for several studies.
Our Education Services
We are a resource for information on deployment-related exposures and health conditions.
About the WRIISCThe War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC), a National VA Post-Deployment Health Resource, is dedicated to Veterans’ post-deployment health concerns and unique health care needs. We develop and provide post-deployment health expertise to Veterans and their health care providers through clinical care, research, education, and risk communication. As a tertiary care center, we partner with referring providers and their healthcare teams to support their post-deployment care of Veterans.
News and Announcements
- Volunteer for Research!
- VA’s rule establishes presumption of service connection for diseases associated with exposure to contaminants in water supply at Camp Lejeune
- Camp Lejeune Disability Compensation: VA has established a presumptive service connection for Veterans, Reservists, and National Guard members
- Airborne Hazards: Information for Veterans and providers
- Read our latest Newsletter to learn about our services
- VHA Directive 1302, Agent Orange Health Registry (AOR) Program
- Were you at Camp Lejeune 1953-1987? You may be eligible for VA health care *
- DC WRIISC now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 Neuropsychology Fellowship
- Infectious Diseases Associated with Gulf, Iraq, and Afghanistan Conflicts
- Public Health releases their conclusion on TCDD and possible health effects
*Link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.