War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Our Clinical Services
OUR GOAL: Benefit Veterans through the best-matched clinical service that supports VA clinicians in providing high-quality healthcare.
We study deployment-related health conditions and publish our findings. We also have ongoing recruitment for several studies.
Our Education Services
We are a resource for information on deployment-related exposures and health conditions.
About the WRIISCThe War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC) is a national program dedicated to Veterans’ post-deployment health concerns and unique health care needs. We develop and provide post-deployment health expertise to Veterans and their health care providers through clinical care, research, education, and risk communication. As a tertiary care center, we partner with referring providers and their health care teams to support the care of Veterans. The WRIISC is part of VA’s Post Deployment Health Services, a VA Delivered Core Service. This means our work is fundamental to VA’s mission and is rarely found outside of VA.
News and Announcements
Airborne Hazards and Burn Pits Center of Excellence
Telehealth for Veterans
- Weekly Phone-Based Yoga Nidra Class for Veterans
- "Phone-Based Mindfulness Meditation Class for Veterans - New dates coming soon!”
- Recorded Meditation Classes
- Veteran Education Classes
- Volunteer for Research!
- New Device Improves Balance in Veterans With Gulf War Illness
- Research Updates
- NEW! Military and Veteran Specific On-Demand Training Now Available on Deployment Related Exposures!
- SAVE THE DATES for our 2020 WRIISC-PDHS Webinar Series!
- Read our latest edition of the WRIISC Advantage Newsletter
- Read our fact sheet on "Useful Resources" (Websites for Veterans)
- Read our fact sheet on "Using Mobile Health Applications" for Veterans
- Read Post Deployment Health's "2018 Gulf War Newsletter"
- Blue Water Navy Veterans and Agent Orange Exposure
- Annals of the American Thoracic Society Burn Pits
- Video on the Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry
- ATTENTION VETERANS: Learn how to participate in VHA Environmental Health Registry Evaluations today! Click here for more information on available registries or help determining eligibility.
- Web page on PFAS (perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances)
- National Academies' reports on burn pits
- Read about our latest Camp Lejeune info
- Airborne Hazards: Information for Veterans and providers
- VA acknowledges Agent Orange exposure for specific C-123 Airplane contact
*Link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.