War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Location and Directions to DC WRIISC
DC WRIISC LocationWashington DC VA Medical Center
Room 3B 203
50 Irving St., NW
Washington, DC 20422
Directions to the DC WRIISC
- General: The DC WRIISC is located on the 3rd Floor of the Washington, DC VA Medical Center on 3B East.
- From the East: Route 50 West to New York Avenue, exit onto South Dakota Avenue. At 7th traffic light, turn left onto Monroe Street. Follow Monroe until it dead ends. Go left on Michigan Avenue. Follow right lanes onto Irving Street. Get in left lane and make first left. VAMC is located to the left.
- From Baltimore & Northern Areas: I-95 Southbound. Veer right onto I-495 toward Silver Spring. Leave I-495 almost immediately at New Hampshire Avenue, exit Route 650 South. Go south for approximately 4 miles on New Hampshire Avenue, then go south on North Capitol Street for approximately 2 miles. Exit right onto Irving Street Following signs to VAMC. Get in left lane immediately and make first left. VAMC is located to the left.
- From the West: South on 270, then go east on I-495 (go left at fork marked "Washington"), to the Connecticut Avenue exit, southbound Route 185. Proceed south on Connecticut Avenue for about 3 miles. Turn left onto Military Road for approximately 3.5 miles. Turn right at light onto North Capitol Street. Go approximately 1.5 miles then exit right onto Irving Street following signs to VAMC. Get into left lane immediately then make first left. VAMC is located to the left.
- From Virginia & Southern Areas: Take I-95, Virginia Route 1, or Virginia Route 50, to the 14th Street bridge. Continue north on 14th Street until you reach Harvard Street where you will turn right. Harvard ends at light (approximately 2.5 miles). At light, turn left onto Irving Street. Stay in middle lane. At 3rd light turn right. VAMC is located on the left.
- From Virginia: Take I-95 North to 395 North; take 14th Street Bridge; Go to New York Ave. and turn right; Go to North Capitol Street and turn left; Go to Irving Street and follow signs to the VAMC.
- Taking the Metro: Take the Red Line to the Catholic University/Brookland Metro Station. Metro Buses H2 and H4 will bring you to the VAMC