War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
CPRS Instructions for WRIISC Referrals
VA Providers can initiate a referral to the WRIISC by completing the following steps:
- In CPRS, select the Veteran you wish to refer. Create a new consult by selecting New Consult. In the Consult Main Menu, select Interfacility Consults.
(If local to one of the WRIISC sites: Palo Alto, CA, search for "Wriisc <war Related Illness And Injury Study Center Ifc E-Consult>", Washington, DC, "War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (local Only) Outpt", or East Orange, NJ, "Wriisc-Local Evaluation-Outpt" then skip to Step 3.)
- You will automatically be shown the closest WRIISC site. Choose War Related Illness Injury Center.
- You can then review the Service Prerequisites and local contact information. Please make note of this contact information in case you have questions later. Then choose to Continue.
- The WRIISC Consult Template screen will display. Complete the form then hit OK.
- Lastly, choose Accept Order. Your referral will be sent to the Clinical Coordinator at the WRIISC in your catchment area for processing.
If you have any questions, please contact the WRIISC closest to you.