War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
WRIISC Referral Process
Who is Eligible?
Veterans with possible deployment-related health conditions who have:
- complex health conditions and no known cause (medically unexplained symptoms-MUS)
- had many tests and/or treatment with appropriate follow-up and with little to no symptom improvement
- possible deployment-related environmental exposures problems or concerns
What is the Referral Process?
Referrals to the WRIISC program may be made by the Veteran’s VA Primary Care Provider (PCP), Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT), post-deployment health champion, or Environmental health provider and are done using the Inter Facility Consult (IFC) process in Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS). Click here for detailed instructions.
VA Providers: Referrals are triaged to the appropriate regional WRIISC based on VISN location:
In addition to services that require a referral, each WRIISC offers a variety of regional programs, please contact your regional WRIISC office for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact the WRIISC closest to you.
Who Can I Contact For More Information?
Please contact your regional WRIISC clinical program coordinator.
- For the CA WRIISC, this number is 1-888-482-4376.
- For the DC WRIISC, this number is 202-745-8249.
- For the NJ WRIISC, this number is 973-676-1000 ext. 2500.