War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Our Clinical Services
OUR GOAL: Benefit Veterans through the best-matched clinical service that supports VA clinicians in providing high-quality healthcare.
We study deployment-related health conditions and publish our findings. We also have ongoing recruitment for several studies.
Our Education Services
We are a resource for information on deployment-related exposures and health conditions.
About the WRIISCThe War Related Illness and Injury Study Center (WRIISC) is a national program dedicated to Veterans’ post-deployment health concerns and unique health care needs. We develop and provide post-deployment health expertise to Veterans and their health care providers through clinical care, research, education, and risk communication. As a tertiary care center, we partner with referring providers and their health care teams to support the care of Veterans. The WRIISC is part of VA’s Post Deployment Health Services, a VA Delivered Core Service. This means our work is fundamental to VA’s mission and is rarely found outside of VA.
News and Announcements
Airborne Hazards and Burn Pits Center of Excellence
- Statement on COVID-19
- Public Law 115-929 formally establishes the Airborne Hazards and Burn Pits Center of Excellence
Telehealth for Veterans (COVID-19 Schedule)
- Weekly Phone-Based Yoga Nidra Class for Veterans
- Phone-Based Mindfulness Meditation Class for Veterans - see attachment for upcoming dates and times.
- Recorded Meditation Classes
- Veteran Education Classes
- Actively Recruiting: Telehealth Yoga Study for Treatment of Chronic Pain
- Volunteer for Research!
- Research Updates
- NEW! Podcast Series
- NEW! Military and Veteran Specific On-Demand Training Now Available on Deployment Related Exposures!
- SAVE THE DATES for our 2020 WRIISC-PDHS Webinar Series/registration information for our upcoming webinar!
- Read our latest edition of the WRIISC Advantage Newsletter
- Read our fact sheet on "Useful Resources" (Websites for Veterans)
- Read our fact sheet on "Using Mobile Health Applications" for Veterans
- Read Post Deployment Health's "2018 Gulf War Newsletter"
- VA’s Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry- Latest Report
- Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Act of 2019
- Blue Water Navy Veterans and Agent Orange Exposure
- Annals of the American Thoracic Society Burn Pits
- Video on the Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pit Registry
- ATTENTION VETERANS: Learn how to participate in VHA Environmental Health Registry Evaluations today! Click here for more information on available registries or help determining eligibility.
- Web page on PFAS (perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances)
- National Academies' reports on burn pits
- Read about our latest Camp Lejeune info
- Airborne Hazards: Information for Veterans and providers
- VA acknowledges Agent Orange exposure for specific C-123 Airplane contact
*Link will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked website.