War Related Illness and Injury Study Center
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Wang X, Breneman CB, Sparks JR, Blair SN. (2020). Sedentary Time and Physical Activity in Older Women Undergoing Exercise Training.
Med Sci Sports Exerc. Jun 8. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0000000000002407. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32520870.*
- Wende ME, Stowe EW, Eberth JM, McLain AC, Liese AD, Breneman CB, Josey MJ, Hughey SM, Kaczynski AT. (2020). Spatial clustering patterns and regional variations for food and physical activity environments across the United States.
Int J Environ Health Res. Jan 22:1-15. doi: 10.1080/09603123.2020.1713304. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 31964175. *
- Rajavenkatanarayanan A, Kanal V, Tsiakas K, Calderon D, Papakostas M, Abujelala M, Galib M, Ford J, Wylie GR, Makedon F. (2019). A Survey of Assistive Technologies for Assessment and Rehabilitation of Motor Impairments in Multiple Sclerosis
Multimodal Technologies and Interaction.*
- Quarrie R, Lee DS, Reyes L, Erdahl W, Pfeiffer DR, Zweier JL, Crestanello JA. Mitochondrial uncoupling does not decrease reactive oxygen species production after ischemia-reperfusion.
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014 Oct 1;307(7):H996-H1004. doi: 10.1152/ajpheart.00189.2014.
Epub 2014 Aug 1.*
- Earhart GM, Falvo MJ.(2013). Parkinson disease and exercise.
Compr Physiol, 3(2):833-48. *
- Chaudhry, H., Bukiet, B., Ji, Z., & Findley, T. (2011). Measurement of balance in computer posturography: Comparison of methods-a brief review.
Journal of Bodywork and Manual Therapies, 15(1), 82-91.*
- Mulavara AP, Fiedler MJ, Kofman IS, Wood SJ, Serrador JM, Peters B, Cohen HS, Reschke MF, & Bloomberg JJ. (2011). Improving balance function using vestibular stochastic resonance: optimizing stimulus characteristics.
Exp Brain Res, 210(2):303-12. Epub Mar 26.*
- Falvo, MJ, Sirevaag, EJ, Rohrbaugh, JW, & Earhart, GM. (2011). Central adaptation to repetitive grasping in healthy aging.
Brain Topography, Epub Apr 26.*
- Moreau NG, Falvo MJ, Damiano DL.(2011). Rapid force generation is impaired in cerebral palsy and is related to decreased muscle size and functional mobility.
Gait Posture. 2012 Jan;35(1):154-8 *
- Falvo, MJ, Sirevaag, EJ, Rohrbaugh, JW, & Earhart, GM. (2010). Resistance training induces supraspinal adaptations: Evidence from movement-related cortical potentials.
European Journal of Applied Physiology, 109(5):923-33.*
- Schilling, BK, Pfeiffer, RF, LeDoux, MS, Karlage, R, Bloomer, RJ, & Falvo, MJ. (2010). Effects of moderate volume, high-load lower-body resistance training on strength and function in persons with Parkinson’s disease: A pilot study.
Parkinson’s Disease, Mar 16, 824-834.*
- Broderick B, Corley G, Quondamatteo F, Breen P, Serrador JM, & ÓLaighin G. (2010). Venous Emptying from the Foot. Influences of Weight-bearing, Toe-curls, Electrical Stimulation, Passive Compression and Posture.
Journal of Applied Physiology, 109(4), 1045-52.*
- Deegan BM, Devine ER, Geraghty MC, Jones E, ÓLaighin G, & Serrador JM. (2010). The relationship between cardiac output and dynamic cerebral autoregulation in humans.
Journal of Applied Physiology, 109(5), 1424-31.*
- Chaudhry, H., Ji, Z., Shenoy, N., & Findley, T. (2009). Viscoelastic stresses on anisotropic annulus fibrosus of lumbar disk under compression, rotation and flexion in manual treatment.
Journal of Bodywork and Manual Therapies. *
- Chaudhry, H., Bukiet, B., & Findley, T. (2008). Mathematical analysis of applied loads on skeletal muscles in osteopathic manual treatment.
Journal of the American Osteopathic Association.*
- Chaudhry H, Findley T, Quigley KS, Ji Z, Maney M, Sims T, Bukiet B, Foulds R. (2005). Postural stability index is a more valid measure of stability than equilibrium score.
J Rehabil Res Dev, 42(4), 547-556.*
- Chaudhry H, Findley T, Quigley KS, Bukiet B, Ji Z, Sims T et al. (2004). Measures of postural stability.
Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, 41(5):713-720. *
- Findley PA, Sambamoorthi U. (2004). Employment and disability: evidence from the 1996 medical expenditures panel survey.
Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation, 14(1):1-11.*
- Ji Z, Findley T, Chaudhry H, Bukiet B. (2004). Computational method to evaluate ankle muscle stiffness with ground reaction forces.
Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, 41: 207-214.*
- Nadler S, Malange G, Ciccone D. (2004). Positive straight leg raising in lumbar radiculopathy: Is documentation affected by insurance coverage.
Archives of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, 85:1336-1338.*
- Smith R, Findley PA. (2004). Equating rehabilitation outcome scales: developing common metrics.
Journal of Applied Measurement,(5)3. *
- Ohashi K, Amaral LAN, Natelson B, Yamamoto Y. (2003). Asymmetrical singularities in real-world signals.
Physical Review E, 68:1-4.*
- O'Connor PJ, Cook DB. (2001). Moderate intensity muscle pain can be produced and sustained during cycle ergometry.
Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. Vol. 33 (6): 1046-1051. *
*Links will take you outside of the Department of Veterans Affairs website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.