Veterans with possible deployment-related health conditions who have:
- complex health conditions and no known cause (medically unexplained symptoms-MUS)
- had many tests and/or treatment with little to no symptom improvement
- possible deployment-related environmental exposures problems or concerns
Referrals to the WRIISC program may only be made by the Veteran’s VA Primary Care Provider (PCP) and are done using the Inter Facility Consult (IFC) process in Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS). Click here for detailed instructions. After making an IFC, please call the WRIISC closest to you to ensure receipt.
VA Providers: Referrals are triaged to the appropriate regional WRIISC based on VISN location:
- CA WRIISC: VISNs 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
- DC WRIISC: VISNs 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 16, 17
- NJ WRIISC: VISNs 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 15, 23
If you are a Veteran who lives near one of the WRIISCs and are interested in participating in any of the WRIISC regional programs, please contact your regional WRIISC office for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact the WRIISC closest to you.
< back to top
Please contact your regional WRIISC clinical program coordinator.
- For the CA WRIISC, this number is 650-493-5000 ext. 60350.
- For the DC WRIISC, this number is 202-745-8000 ext. 6234.
- For the NJ WRIISC, this number is 973-676-1000 ext. 2500.
< back to top
< back to Clinical Services Index